- Surf Packages
Click Region for Resorts, Camps and Boats
PNG, Caroline Islands & Solomon'sPapua New GuineaCaroline IslandsSolomon Islands
Asia & Sub ContinentPhilippinesSri LankaTaiwan
AfricaSouth AfricaMoroccoSenegalCape Verde
Europe/Canary IslandsFrancePortugalIrelandSpainMadeiraIcelandCanary Islands
Australia & New ZealandAustraliaNew Zealand
- Trip Finder
- Contact Us
From 99pp for Per Person Per day
|Time of year:||March, April, May, Jun, July, Aug, Sep, Oct|
|Group type:||Budget Surf Trips, Intermediate Waves|
|Board type:||All types|
"Hey Charlie, sorry for the delay. Just getting back to you about the Maldives trip I did with the other boys Eddy, Gareth and Jono. Just like to thank you for organising such a great trip and the good waves we got. The best part of it was definitely the boat; the first week "- Rob
Kingfisher is the safari to suit those that just want the "surf". It is comfortable with four twin guest cabins, all with ensuites, the same all you can eat meals as the luxury safaris and a fuly equiped bar for your enjoyment. There is an outdoor eating and relaxation area on the fore deck and a roomy sundeck up top. Local style fishing equipment is available to catch your night time meal, the cook will prepare according to your tastes.
An experienced surf guide will be onboard to help you get the best waves available, plus Captain, cook and a deckhand to make a crew of four. All are experienced in operating safaris and are eager to make your trip one of a lifetime.
The rates for Kingfisher safari are the best in the Maldives and the Kingfisher is a truely traditional Maldives safari.
- Chickens - Eastern reef of North Male Atoll. This long, excellent left-hander has two sections with an enjoyable, thin, peeling, racing lip. Best winds are NW-NNE (offshore). It was named because of the poultry farm on the island and is only accessed by boat.
- Cokes – Also at the eastern reef of North Male Atoll, this wave is a short but intense ride that is perfect for barrels with a steep barreling takeoff, then a very shallow inside section that opens up even more than the takeoff. Ideal on a straight south swell and winds NW. Named after the Coca-Cola factory on the island, beautiful view of palm fringed beach from the surf zone with access by boat only.
- Lohis – Right out the front of Hudhuran Fushi Island Resort on the eastern reef of North Male Atoll. Good and hollow left-hander with two sections. Need big SE swells and high tides to work well. Best during NW-NE offshore winds.
- Ninjas - North Male Atoll break out the front of Club Med Resort. This slow right-hander is good for beginners and long-boarders. Best on W-NW winds with a moderate S swell. It was named Ninjas due to the Japanese riders that love the break.
- Honkey's - One of the most consistent waves of North Male Atoll off the island of Thamburudhoo which is uninhabited. This is an excellent, long, world-class right-hander. The take-off is a steep outside peak called 'Phantoms', which slingshots into a very long, walled, super fast section called the 'Pinnacles’. Rides are 100 to 150 meters. It is best on high tide with any wind from W to N and is only accessed by boat.
- Sultans – Easy spot located on the Thumuroodhoo atoll. Excellent and long right-hander that can become very walled and long but only with big swells from the south. One of the most consistent waves of the Male atolls that never closes out, even on large swells. It is best at high tide and with west to north winds.
South Male - please note that a fuel surcharge applies for trips here
- Natives/Foxys - This wave is very fast and hollow breaking over relatively shallow coral. It's "Goofys Paradise" or if you're fast on the backhand you will love this wave. Breaks for 100 to 150 metres and provides many barrel opportunities. Best with SE swell and NW wind.
- Riptides - A right hander breaking for 150 meters on a reef in the middle of a channel. Need a transfer to this wave even though it is very close. The wave is aptly named as sometimes very strong currents can sweep you seaward so always check current conditions before settling in for a session. Great wave for the longboarders and shortboarders providing very carvable walls with the occasional hollow section. Best with S swell and SW wind.
- Twin Peaks - Iyaru Faru near the island of Gulhi, inhabited island, eastern reef of South Male Atoll. Sectiony left, which picks up more swell than most of the breaks in South Malé Atoll. Can have a good end section in a big southerly swell. Best in north winds, and the higher the tide, the better. Access by boat.
- Quarters - Gulhigaathuhuraa, uninhabited island attached to Anantara Resort. Eastern Reef of South Male Atoll, really nice, fast little right-hander that picks up less swell than most other places. Best in winds W to NW, named after the resort workers' quarters on the island.
- Kates - Boduhuraa, uninhabited island near the Anantara Resort, eastern reef of South Male Atoll. Small short left, best in winds NW to N.
- Tucky Joes / Boatyards - Considered by those "in the know", to be the best point in the Maldives on it’s day. The take off can be steep and a very fast reaction is required to set up for the freight train ahead. Up to 200 mtrs long it offers many barrel opportunities, sometimes linking to offer long intense rides out of the sun. The reef is shallow and low tide can stop play. Prefers light NW wind and SE swell. Not for the faint hearted on a big day.
Kingfisher is one of the most convenient and cheapest option in the lineup of surf safari boats. Ideal for surfing, fishing, diving, excursions and for private charter. It has a length of 17.5m and a width of 5.55m.
There are 4 guest cabins with 8 beds, attached toilets in each cabin with fresh water.
- Restaurant providing guests with a range of cuisines.
- Bar serving various liquors, spirits, fresh juices and soft drinks.
- Outdoor dining area.
- Sundeck that provides tanners with utmost privacy.
- TV, VCR and a CD player for entertainment.
- Communication: CB radio, mobile telephone.
- Airport meet & greet for exclusive groups.
- Group return Male airport transfers (individual transfers at extra cost).
- Standard accommodation in fan-cooled twin cabins.
- All meals; tea & coffee and bottled water.
- Local English-speaking surf guide.
- Exclusive access to Kandooma Resort and its facilities.
- Surfing North Male atoll (South Male atoll trip for an extra charge of US$ 500 per charter).
- Use of basic snorkeling & fishing gear. (Equipment is basic hand lines and mask/snorkel, if you are wanting quality gear please feel free to bring your own with you).
Pricing & Packages
|01 Jan 2011||31 Dec 2012||7 Days||8||595||Enquire Now|
|01 Jan 2012||31 Dec 2012||7 Days||6||690||Enquire Now|
|01 Jan 2012||31 Dec 2012||7 Days||4||850||Enquire Now|
|01 Jan 2013||31 Dec 2013||Per Person Per day||8||99||Trips can be tailored from 5 days!||Enquire Now|
Schedule last updated: 19 September 2012
- Exclusive 7 night charter packages can be arranged. Please contact us.
- Included in the price are trips to North Male Atoll. South Male Atoll trips incur fuel surcharge of US$500 for the boat.
- Charter duration is flexible - please ask your consultant for a customised quotation.
- Price is per person and subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- These are example packages and most packages can be adjusted to cater for your requirements. Please contact us for a tailored package to meet your needs.
- Please click "Enquire Now" to email us or call us Toll Free on 0808 258 0101 (from the UK) or +33 (0)5 58 41 01 84 (outside the UK) to speak with one of our friendly consultants.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves' obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
We'd love to hear your feedback! Please click here to enter your testimonial of your holiday and your experience with The Perfect Wave.
Hey Charlie, sorry for the delay. Just getting back to you about the Maldives trip I did with the other boys Eddy, Gareth and Jono. Just like to thank you for organising such a great trip and the good waves we got. The best part of it was definitely the boat; the first week and had such a great crew to be on with. The food was pretty good, got us onto the waves and knew there stuff and help us out with everything.
Experience Begun: October 2012
Created on: Thursday 29 November 2012
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/thepereu/public_html/components/com_theperfectwave/views/product/tmpl/default.php on line 778
- Surf Camps
- Luxury Surf Trip
- Surf Charters
- Kingfisher - Male Atolls, Maldives
- Hamathi - Male Atolls, Maldives
- Haira - Male Atolls, Maldives
- Cobia - Outer Atolls, Maldives
- Just Dreaming - West Java
- Bohemian Baru - Mentawai
- KM D'Bora - Mentawai
- Melaleuca - Mentawai
- Naga Laut - Mentawai
- Aileoita - Mentawai
- Tengirri - Mentawai
- Peluru - Mentawai
- Nusa Dewata - Mentawai
- Indocean - Lombok & Sumbawa
- Moggy - Bali & Lembongan
- Sri Noa Noa - Sumba & Roti
- Stellar - Fiji
- EFBE Croisiers - Caribbean
- Surf Charters