- Surf Packages
Click Region for Resorts, Camps and Boats
PNG, Caroline Islands & Solomon'sPapua New GuineaCaroline IslandsSolomon Islands
Asia & Sub ContinentPhilippinesSri LankaTaiwan
AfricaSouth AfricaMoroccoSenegalCape Verde
Europe/Canary IslandsFrancePortugalIrelandSpainMadeiraIcelandCanary Islands
Australia & New ZealandAustraliaNew Zealand
- Trip Finder
- Contact Us
From 2594pp for 12 Nights
|Time of year:||Feb, March, April, May, Jun, July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov|
|Group type:||Luxury Surf Getaway, Group Surf Trips|
|Board type:||All types|
"Hi Matt thanks for delivering the perfect surf/holiday experience. To Phil and the crew of the Tengirri: you have set the benchmark for the ultimate surf experience. To traveling mates Phil and Joel, Ken and Drew and Matt from London: incredible times! From the surf to the "- Paul
"Hi Rhonda Would guess the other guys have probably been in touch by now but I just wanted to drop my two cents worth in regarding our trip onboard the Tengirri. Where to begin… right from the start with the pick up at the airport the guys where more than accommodating"- Brett
"Hi Rhonda, Just wanted to thankyou for setting us up with Phil & his crew on Tengirri. Phil documented our trip with his camera & video which was nothing short of the professional. The boat was very comfortable with all the luxurys you would ever need for a good trip in"- Rod
"Hi Gina, Chris from Tassie here, just got back from our trip on Tengirri, and I just wanted to thank you for recommending that boat. We received excellent service, clean living, great food and quick access to some awesome surf breaks. But above all that, they brought u"- Chris
Tengirri is a 14-metre (46 ft) live aboard, power catamaran designed and built in Australia in 2004 specifically for luxury surf charters. She is one of the strongest, safest, and fastest vessels operating in Indonesia. Tengirri is powered by twin 430HP Cummins engines and cruises comfortably at 15-17 knots, but is capable of doing up to 22 knots. To maximise surf time, Tengirri aims to travel at night at a comfortable speed of 10 knots and have you on the waves on daylight. If the conditions change during the day she can travel at 15-17 knots to a better location. Catamarans are well known for their spacious layout and stability at sea.
With Tengirri, you only need 6 people to confirm a charter and the maximum number of guests that will ever be onboard is 8.
- 3 large outdoor deck areas (back-bottom deck, back-top deck, and front of the boat) fully covered from the sun, ideal platforms to chill out, take photos/video and take in the scenery.
- Spacious indoor saloon and seated dining area.
- Flat screen TV, Stereo amplified CD and cassette tape player with internal and external speakers, DVD/video player, extensive range of CD’s and videos.
She also supplies for your enjoyment: chess, cards, scrabble, dominos, and a variety of popular board games; a large library with latest novels, educational reading and magazines; and a fully equipped bar.
Captain & Crew
Tengirri has an experienced and qualified (Master Seaman) Indonesian skipper. This is in accordance with Indonesian law and the new rules that came into force in January 2011 which stated that all boats must be skippered by an Indonesian citizen. They also have 2 Indonesian deckhands and a cook who are there to help you with anything you need.
Onboard guide/photographer is Phil Kiem who originates from Newcastle, Australia. Phil has been travelling throughout Indonesia for the last 10 years and speaks Indonesian fluently. Phil has excellent knowledge of when and where the surf will be pumping and will take care of all logistics once you arrive in Padang.
Along with two Indonesian crew, Jeff and Phil will do their best to make sure you have an enjoyable holiday and get the best waves of your life!!!
Comfortable air-conditioned sleeping arrangements for 8 guests plus crew in 6 separate cabins: 2 cabins with a double bed in each; 2 cabins with 2 single beds in each; and 2 cabins with 1 single bed in each.
- Length OA: 14.1 Meters
- Length Hull: 13.0 Meters
- Beam: 5.00 Meters
- Depth: 1.58 Meters
- Draft: 0.66 Meters
- Fuel Capacity: 2 x 1730 Litres
- F/W Capacity: 2 x 420 Litres
- Lightship Weight: 13 Tonnes
- Construction: Aluminium Alloy
- Hull Type: Symmetrical Hard Chine
- Main Engines: Cummins C-430 8.3Litre 430Hp @ 2600 rpm
- Transmissions: ZF 302IV Ratio 2.184:1
- Propellers: MIKADO 4 Blade Skewed
- Max Speed: 22 Knots
- Cruise Speed: 17 Knots (day); 10 Knots (night)
- Genset: Cummins 13.5kW 50Hz
- 2nd generator - Kolher 8.5 KVA backup genset – new 2013
- GPS Chart Plotter: FURUNO Navnet GD1900C
- Radar: FURUNO Navnet GD1900C 36nm
- Heading Sensor: FURUNO PG-500
- Sounder: FURUNO ETR6/10N
- Autopilot: FURUNO NAVPilot 500
- Compass: Riviera
- VHF Radio: Icom IC-M402S
- AM/FM/VHF Receiver: GME GR-100
- Satellite Phones: 1 Pasti Sat phone, 1 Thuraya Sat phone (capable of sending text messages)
- Steering: Hydrive Power Assisted
- Controls: Morse
- Desalinator: Spectra Catalina 300
- Anchor Winch: MUIR HR1200
- Liferaft: 2 x ZODIAC 6 Pax
- EPIRB: GME MT400
- Lifebuoys: 2
- Lifejackets: 12
- 2nd dinghy - Polycraft 3meter dinghy with Yamaha 15hp – new 2013
- Return Padang airport transfers.
- 12 nights onboard accommodation.
- All meals, snacks, water, soft drinks, coffee and tea is included in the price (beer and other alcohol is available at local prices).
- Use of all equipment and facilities onboard Tengirri including dinghy to get you in and out of the line up or to shoot photos from, fishing and snorkelling equipment.
- Another inclusion is their onboard photo/video service. Tengirri have a high quality SLR digital camera with zoom lenses to capture all those epic waves, trophy fish, smiles and good times. Their guide will shoot the photos then you can watch the slideshow that night. They also have a high-definition digital video camera on board. At the end of the trip, your photos and a short movie can be burnt onto DVD - the ultimate trip souvenir. This includes:
- Still shots from dinghy, boat and land using Canon 60D with Canon 100mm-400mm lens and Canon 70mm-200mm lens
- Water shots using Canon 7D with Canon fisheye lens and Canon 50mm lens
- Edited video of each guests surfing. Filmed with Sony HD handycam.
- Mentawai tax.
Pricing & Packages
|18 May 2013||30 May 2013||12 Nights||0||0||Sold Out|
|01 Jun 2013||13 Jun 2013||12 Nights||0||0||Sold Out|
|15 Jun 2013||27 Jun 2013||12 Nights||0||0||Sold Out|
|29 Jun 2013||11 Jul 2013||12 Nights||0||0||Sold Out|
|13 Jul 2013||25 Jul 2013||12 Nights||0||0||Sold Out|
|26 Jul 2013||06 Aug 2013||11 Nights||8||2860|
|11 Aug 2013||22 Aug 2013||11 Nights||0||0||Sold Out|
|23 Aug 2013||30 Aug 2013||7 Nights||8||2600||Enquire Now|
|31 Aug 2013||12 Sep 2013||12 Nights||0||0||Sold Out|
|14 Sep 2013||26 Sep 2013||12 Nights||0||0||Sold Out|
|29 Sep 2013||11 Oct 2013||12 Nights||0||0||Sold Out|
|12 Oct 2013||24 Oct 2013||12 Nights||4||2993||Enquire Now|
|26 Oct 2013||07 Nov 2013||12 Nights||8||2866||Enquire Now|
|09 Nov 2013||21 Nov 2013||12 Nights||8||2594||Late-season discount||Enquire Now|
|23 Nov 2013||05 Dec 2013||12 Nights||0||0||Late-season discount||Sold Out|
|07 Dec 2013||19 Dec 2013||12 Nights||8||2594||Late-season discount||Enquire Now|
Schedule last updated: 21 May 2013
- Save $200pp on a last-minute July special.
- Price is per person price and subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Minimum required is 6 persons to run a charter.
- The price is based on groups of 8 persons travelling. Individual price is $4,500 per person. The 7-night trip individual price is $4,000.
- These are example packages and most packages can be adjusted to cater for your requirements. Please contact us for a tailored package to meet your needs.
- Please click "Enquire Now" to email us or call us Toll Free on 0808 258 0101 (from the UK) or +33 (0)5 58 41 01 84 (outside the UK) to speak with one of our friendly specialists.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves' obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
We'd love to hear your feedback! Please click here to enter your testimonial of your holiday and your experience with The Perfect Wave.
Hi Matt thanks for delivering the perfect surf/holiday experience. To Phil and the crew of the Tengirri: you have set the benchmark for the ultimate surf experience. To traveling mates Phil and Joel, Ken and Drew and Matt from London: incredible times! From the surf to the food, nothing could be faulted. To Matt thanks for a hassle free-trip. If you want the surf holiday of a lifetime - TENGIRRI.
Experience Begun: November 2012
Created on: Monday 26 November 2012
Hi Rhonda Would guess the other guys have probably been in touch by now but I just wanted to drop my two cents worth in regarding our trip onboard the Tengirri. Where to begin… right from the start with the pick up at the airport the guys where more than accommodating taking me into town to pick up some gear before dropping me of at the hotel . The welcome onto the boat was great the crew keen and friendly. We were made to feel comfortable and at home right off the bat . Phil and the crew dropped us straight into the surf the next day and every day for the whole 11 days. Phil ever ready to motivate us oldies into the water. Fantastic waves ,fantastic food and fantastic service I doubt that there would be more you could ask for . The food a great mix of western and Indonesian and never the same twice ,quite the achievement on a boat. I can recommend Donald’s sashimi ability to any one, the tuna a delight under the beer tent. I feel that I can speak for all when I say we would highly recommend travelling through the Mentawai Islands with this Crew I would appreciate you passing my thanks to Phil ,Oscar, Donald, Inn and Benny for providing such a memorable holiday. Brett
Experience Begun: April 2011
Created on: Tuesday 17 May 2011
Hi Rhonda, Just wanted to thankyou for setting us up with Phil & his crew on Tengirri. Phil documented our trip with his camera & video which was nothing short of the professional. The boat was very comfortable with all the luxurys you would ever need for a good trip in the Mentawais. Phil had us at the best surf with the minimum amount of guys in the water all the time. He was always keeping us up to speed with where we were going next and what to expect. Oscar the Captain is a Master 5 captain that comes from the Mentawais. Phil certainly has a the best Captain in the islands. Donald the cook blew us away with his cooking. Surfed my heart out and came back to Perth 1kg heavier. Inn & Benny the crew were always waiting close by to get us whatever we needed. After looking at the other top end boats I was happy to see that we were on the best boat out there for up to eight guys. Thanks again for getting us onto such a good boat. Rod
Experience Begun: April 2011
Created on: Tuesday 10 May 2011
Hi Gina, Chris from Tassie here, just got back from our trip on Tengirri, and I just wanted to thank you for recommending that boat. We received excellent service, clean living, great food and quick access to some awesome surf breaks. But above all that, they brought us to where the waves were most likely going to be firing and we scored some wicked barrels particularly at Rifles 6ft perfection and Lances left, and every day we celebrated these waves with great food and plenty of ice cold Bintangs. At the end of the trip Phil provided all of us with DVD of our surfs and disk full of photos all for free!!! Thanks again for the great package you provided us with and we will recommend you guys to our mates. Till next time, Chris – Tasmania Aug09
Experience Begun: August 2009
Created on: Thursday 11 February 2010
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/thepereu/public_html/components/com_theperfectwave/views/product/tmpl/default.php on line 772
- Surf Camps
- Luxury Surf Trip
- Surf Charters
- Kingfisher - Male Atolls, Maldives
- Hamathi - Male Atolls, Maldives
- Haira - Male Atolls, Maldives
- Cobia - Outer Atolls, Maldives
- Just Dreaming - West Java
- Bohemian Baru - Mentawai
- KM D'Bora - Mentawai
- Melaleuca - Mentawai
- Naga Laut - Mentawai
- Aileoita - Mentawai
- Tengirri - Mentawai
- Peluru - Mentawai
- Nusa Dewata - Mentawai
- Indocean - Lombok & Sumbawa
- Moggy - Bali & Lembongan
- Sri Noa Noa - Sumba & Roti
- Stellar - Fiji
- EFBE Croisiers - Caribbean
- Surf Charters